Sunday, November 8, 2009

BP7_2009112_Flickr-Week 2


Figure 1. Logo created by Christina Carboni using Microsoft Powerpoint Clipart

BP7_2009112_Flickr-Week 2
The lesson that I found was titled, “Tagging with Flickr: a Learning Session for Librarians.” I really liked the lesson set up and how it was presented. It was streamlined and a good example of a lesson plan format. With that said, the lesson included two skills, one of using Flickr and the other tagging. I did not realize tagging was considered a skill, but I am glad to have found a lesson plan specific to teach this. The website included an “introduction, lesson plan, handout, exercise, evaluation, final report, capping paper and an external link to Flickr.” As I viewed the information and lesson plan, I thought of how appropriate a lesson on tagging would be to my students. Also, using Flickr to share photos would be beneficial because we do talk about copyrighting and how they cannot pull photos off the web at their leisure. We also use lots of graphics in our class activities. Again, the only problem I forsee is we cannot access these tools at school, so I would have to put together a Screenflow type tutorial and walk them through it, then post the lesson to the website so they could practice at home. The only problem is time, thus it would have been nice to create a media asset to be able to introduce Flickr to my kids with my time in this class. I will keep that in mind for the future.

Polkinghorne, S. (2006). Tagging with Flick: Lesson Plan. Retrieved November 8, 2009 from http://capping.slis.ualberta.ca/cap07/SarahPolkinghorne/lessonplan.html

2 comments:

  1. Christina, great plan! I especially am impressed with the logo. You always amaze me. I am going to share your thoughts with our librarian. It might be something she can share with the middle and high schools. And, something she might can bring down for the fifth graders. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clara and the lesson plan was a great model to use not only for the lesson but for the format. Ditto on the "you always amaze me." You accent is awesome by the way!

    ReplyDelete