Sunday, November 1, 2009

BP3_2009111_Setting Up Your Google Reader


Image 1. Created using MS Powerpoint Graphics (2009)

BP3_2009111_Setting Up Your Google Reader
5 RSS Feeds

Literacy Is Priceless-Digital Storytelling in a Nutshell
http://literacyispriceless.wordpress.com/
Why I chose this RSS feed? I work with digital stories in my class and am always researching ways to implement them to their greatest potential. We need to be aware of best practices and also the delivery of them for use on the web.
How will this RSS feed benefit teachers? Teachers will benefit due to having the knowledge of how to implement digital stories via the web and this is a valuable resource.
This RSS feed has different resources. The most recent one talks about copyrighting and also introduces Creative Commons. There is a quiz that follows. I know I can use this in my classroom today! The resources on this website are definitely “priceless.” The format is also user-friendly.

Free Technology for Teacher
http://www.freetech4teachers.com/
Why I chose this RSS feed? I selected this feed due to the rich media elements and information based resources for classroom application.
How will this RSS feed benefit teachers? Teachers can immediately use the media elements to enhance their lessons.
This RSS feed provides a variety of media rich elements to use in the classroom. The first video explains daylight savings time. The links are information based. There are a variety of slideshows; Twenty Ways to Use Audio and Comics in Your Classroom.”

Twitter4teachers
http://twitter4teachers.pbworks.com/
Why I chose this RSS feed? I have been looking to network with other 8th grade technology teachers.
How will this RSS feed benefit teachers? Teachers will benefit by networking and sharing ideas about their specific grade level and subject area.
This RSS feed allows you to link to other educators in your field to share resources and follow each other on Twitter.

Qataracademy-it
http://qataracademy-it.wikispaces.com/Grade+8
Why I chose this RSS feed? I have been searching for examples of using wikis for classroom portfolios and this site has a plethora of examples plus other valuable information.
How will this RSS feed benefit teachers? The site has examples of portfolios and students’ work for their entire course.
Student portfolios from grade 8 posted on a classroom wiki. The entire plan is listed by Unit and gives an excellent example of how to use wikis to share student work.

Journal of Online Education-Innovate: Uses and Potentials of Wikis in the Classroom
http://innovateonline.info/index.php?view=issue
Why I chose this RSS feed? Again, my AR Project centers around using wikis in the class, thus any information I can gather, I am on it! This site has many resources to gather and springboard research. How will this RSS feed benefit teachers? The resources and information is excellent for teachers seeking added research on wikis. The RSS feed links to various journal articles on the topic of wikis in the classroom. The links direct you to the website and the actual online article for the represented topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment